What did we think of 'Watercolour Challenge' 2022?

After four weeks of release every weekday, the new edition of the Watercolor Challenge ended last Friday on Channel 5.

  • I started with hope
  • At first I was disappointed with the art market, but
  • Then it started to bother me as the series continued.

I decided to write a review but thought it wise to see if others felt the same way.

So I asked this question on my Facebook page - and got a lot of very detailed answers ! A quote can be found below.

I wrote a review for the watercolor challenge series on Channel 5. What do you think?
* What do they do well?
* What can be improved?
I've also seen a response to online programs - and people are very active in terms of mentors/talkers. digital spy | Watercolor Challenge 5 started with great anticipation for a comeback and immediately I noticed any bugs or issues. For example, most want to see how many artists paint and explain what they do and why.

This article summarizes my thoughts and those of others - with quotes!


Real watercolor challenge

Channel 5 (2022) vs. Channel 4 (1998–2001)


Of course you have to be old enough to compare! However, for those of us who remember the two, the overwhelming feeling is that the remake is a pale imitation of the original and should be put together.

  • The positive aspects of the program lessened for me as the series went on.
  • Aspects that I considered "excellent" began to falter as the series progressed.
  • Many people said they didn't see the whole show even though they intended to.

Here are some general opinions
I'm glad you have an art viewer, but I thought it could be so much better! (GMS)
Unfortunately, a bad copy of the original series. (grams)
5/10 So even better! (FP)
Very disappointing to say the least. (Young.)
Too much practice, due to simultaneous editing, poor jury quality, all wins except Peter. It's a bit embarrassing to be beaten by someone who doesn't have the ability to perform well here and there. ( Dubai Harbor)
I loved this show but for me the hosts were a big disappointment and some of the professional performers lacked "professionalism". I stopped looking. (x)
Despite the many aspects that people find unsatisfactory, it's interesting to see how people post their photos! I think it's a case of "I can do better than that!"
I still enjoy viewing - it inspired me to start my own watercolor painting after months of inactivity.

How do different series differ in different aspects?


Below I'll cover various aspects of Channel 5's programming - sometimes related to the Channel 4 series - and offer suggestions on how future series can be improved.

Review reviews include:
  • painter
  • guide / judge
  • leading
  • program format
  • Technical aspect
Devon Artist


Find out more...... >>
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url