The Good News

After blogging for over 12 weeks, and after I've ridden the scooter my feet and knees, my bones and shins are well fused (courtesy of the two titanium screws in my right ankle).

As a result, I walked out of the house without any hassle, and now my right foot is able to hit the ground well and is back in my shoe.

This means I can now start learning to walk normally with my badly injured calf and immobile heel!

The tibia joins the ankle (ankle bone).
This means my ankles are now at right angles and won't bend

For the past two days, I have been walking very slowly around my house. It's not painful and it's not easy. It got a bit easier once I left and the cylinder suspension helped too.

But I think it will take a few more weeks to get back to normal walking and/or any distance.

Next week we'll try using my regular pulley to see how comfortable I can walk with it.

Then it will be about doing physical therapy exercises, gradually accelerating and lengthening the distance I walk.

Hopefully there will be some good fixes, but there's no telling when we'll see an exhibition in town.

The whole process is quite tedious and therefore the blog has to be really spread out.

Note for those who think of it like a hip or knee replacement, these two procedures are more like a "walk in the park" than an ankle joint. Mainly because with a hip/knee replacement, you get a new joint, and I have to "bone replacement" the joint, and it continues for the next nine months or so...

PPS, via Facebook or email, wrote me a thank you to everyone who sent their greetings. This is very much appreciated.


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url