Extraordinary Portraits' of everyday heroes

Another new art creation program - starting next month!

  • Title: Large portrait
  • Focus: Portraits - with a difference! The audience with "Amazing Stories" is joined by famous portrait painters, who then grasp their similarities.
  • Channel: BBC1
  • Number of Episodes: A six-episode series (see below for details)
  • Start date: Monday, February 14, 2022
  • Presenter : Tiny book

When one of my portraits enters the National Portrait Gallery, I feel this tremendous pride, this inclusion and this recognition. It was great, it made me feel like I was part of a change in storytelling, so I hope to feel the same way with beautiful people and beautiful portraits. " - Tiny

Beautiful series of portraits


I think what I like most about this program is that it is a great platform for artists to be in the spotlight but continue to develop their careers.
I was blown away by the variety, depth and quality of their selected artists. See the link below to see what I mean.

Another thing that struck me as I read the story and explored the relationship between artist and caregiver is that this series will be an inspiration to others . It's nice to have something on TV about the good news and the results that can come from a difficult or challenging situation. This is a great way to think about how portraits can be used for the public good.
"Portrait is a way to remember people we traditionally consider important or powerful. What sets Outstanding Portraits apart is that we focus on everyday heroes and extraordinary people whose courage, courage and good deeds have made them special." And we think it's worth celebrating. ” Suzy Klein, head of BBC Arts
Each episode follows the process of collaborating with an artist to create portraits that capture and celebrate these extraordinary people across various media. Eventually, they revealed the final piece to Tiny and artist Sitter, as well as their family and friends.

It goes without saying that I will watch and review the series in its entirety.
  • Below is BBC Media information on each of the episodes.
  • I've included links to artist websites and model information

episode 1

Artist: Roxana Halls ( Instagram )

Read more ...... >>
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url